Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Come to Me, my wayward daughter.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1



I found this today and it really hit home for me! I have been struggling, for a while now, with finding a balance between wanting and waiting. It seems like all of my life I have been taught not to ask for anything. Put others before myself. Don't be hasty or selfish. And at the same time I was always taught to get what I want out of life. There is nothing I can't accomplish if i put my mind to it. These two things conflict inside of me daily... almost every minute. The bible says to be diligent and patient. Good things come to those who wait. And at the same time it tells me to cast all my cares to Jesus. Ask and you shall receive.

Hannah prayed daily for a child of her own, even going as far as to offer her child back to the church at a certain age if God would just give her a child. Is that what it's supposed to be!? I ask, beg for the thing I want most in my life? Or am I supposed to sit back and accept the path God has laid out for me whether it includes motherhood or not!?!? Am I supposed to be patient or am I supposed to tell GOD that I want to be a mother!? Or is it both? Like the verse above says: "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." I have to be sure that this is the path I want to go down and tell God daily of my desire. At the same time I have to rely on the fact that God has a plan for my life and that it is only for the good of everything!

I need to start praying daily for the desires of my heart, laying all of these burdens at the feet of Jesus AND know that He will take care of me and answer my prayers in a way and at a time that is even more amazing than anything I could have ever planned for myself!


You want to hear God laugh?
Tell Him your
plans!

No comments: